March 1, 2021
General information on the processing of personal data
Pursuant to EU Regulation 679/2016 (GDPR), and the Personal Data Protection Code as amended by Legislative Decree 101/2018 for the purpose of coordination with the provisions of the aforementioned GDPR (the “Code”), with this information Honda Italia Industriale, (hereinafter referred to as “Honda”), based in Italy, 66041 Piazzano di Atessa (CH) , Via Genova, 9/11, Zona Industriale, which can be contacted at the email address email@example.com, as Data Controller, informs users (hereinafter the “Users”) of its site (hereinafter , the “Site”), or of users who visit, download or contact Honda throught the website or through the use of the App, that the data collected will be used exclusively in the manner and for the purposes set out in this statement, and in compliance with the GDPR.
Recipients of the treatment
The recipients of the processing are website visitors.
What personal data we collect (Types of data processed)
Honda, in accordance with this statement, processes the following types of personal data of users:
- Contact information such as: name, address, telephone, e-mail and other similar information for the purpose of user registration on the site;
- Information to create a user profile for registration purposes such as: username, password or PIN;
- Any other information that the user sends to Honda: such as signatures, photographs, opinions, your position and any other information that the user provides us.
Why we collect, use and store this personal data (Purpose of processing)
Honda collects, uses and stores users’ personal data for the following purposes:
- Statistical, marketing, contractual obligations;
- To satisfy Honda’s legitimate interests, as listed below, and where our interests do not conflict with its data protection rights;
- To provide Honda online content and related services;
- To administer Honda’s online content resources;
- To enable us to improve and optimize Honda online content and Honda products and services;
- To ask you to provide your opinion or participate in surveys about our vehicles, products and services;
- To answer user questions and complaints;
- For internal storage.
For which communications consent is given
The user gives consent for the performance of the following activities:
- direct marketing activities, including information on products and services of interest, through communications made by post, telephone, email or text message, without prejudice to the right / faculty to withdraw consent at any time to the processing of data for this purpose, canceling the registration / subscription to marketing activities.
Where consent is not required
User consent is not required:
- To fulfill any contract that Honda has with the user;
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- To protect Honda’s legitimate interests, to the extent that our interests do not conflict with the visitor’s data protection rights. This includes, by way of example, and not exhaustively, control regulations, the disclosure of such information in relation to legal proceedings or litigation, as a guarantee of quality standards in full compliance with the ethical principles, distinctive of our company.
Operations will be carried out to minimize and, where necessary, to convert personal data into anonymous data that will be used by Honda on an aggregate statistical basis for research and analysis functional to improving Honda’s online content and / or to analyze trends and customize products.
Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other use of Honda’s online content.
Legal basis of the processing
The legal basis of the processing can be indiscriminately:
- consent from the user;
- compliance with the provisions of law and regulations or the execution of prescriptions imposed by judicial authorities or supervisory bodies;
- execute or fulfill specific contractual obligations undertaken;
- legitimate interest.
Methods of data processing
The treatment will be carried out in the following ways:
- Reliance on third parties as persons in charge or responsible for processing operations;
- Processing by means of a website, electronic calculators, e-mails, text messages (where applicable);
- Manual processing by means of paper archives.
Each treatment takes place in compliance with the procedures set out in Articles. 6, 32 and following of the GDPR, following the principle of essentiality, relevance and non-excess, and by adopting the security measures provided for in compliance with the provisions of the European Regulation in art. 32 “security of treatment”.
How we share personal data
Link to third party sites
Visitor data can be shared, also with third parties, in the following ways:
a) Transfer within the Honda group of companies
Honda shares personal data with Honda group entities. For the purposes mentioned above, your personal data will be processed or accessed by Honda Group entities located in jurisdictions outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) that do not have data protection laws equivalent to those of the EEA. When Honda transfers data within the Honda group, it uses standard contractual data protection clauses, which have been approved by the European Commission.
b) Transfer to other organizations
Transfer to third parties to comply with a legal obligation or to assert the legitimate interest in protecting Honda’s rights, assets and safety as well as its customers and / or third parties otherwise interested.
Transfer to government and / or law enforcement / public authorities where required by law or to protect Honda’s legitimate interest, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
c) Transfer outside the EEA
In addition to the aforementioned purposes, it will be possible that the user’s personal data will be transmitted to organizations outside the EEA. In this case, Honda uses standard contractual data protection clauses, which have been approved by the European Commission. Honda may also transfer data to organizations in the United States that have corporate rules to protect data, which have been approved by EU data protection authorities.
For more information, including obtaining a copy of the documents used to protect your information, the user can contact Honda at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
d) Google Analytics
If the user agrees to the use of Google Analytics to optimize the performance of the Honda site, Google may store or process your data in the United States or in any other country where Google or its sub-processors maintain the structures. In this case, Honda will take all measures reasonably necessary to ensure that the user’s data is treated securely and in accordance with this information on the processing of personal data.
Your choices and your rights (Rights of interested parties)
a) Your general rights and choices
The user has the right to ask Honda to access, correct, delete or limit the processing of personal data and obtain the personal data provided in a structured, electronically readable format.
You can object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances (in particular, where the processing is not necessary to comply with a legal, contractual or other obligation) and you have the right to object to the portability of the data. The user can withdraw consent from Honda at any time. If you ask to withdraw your consent to process the data, this will not affect any processing that has already been carried out at that time. These rights may be limited, in the event that the request involves access to personal data of third parties, as well as where it is required to delete information whose processing is required by law and / or it is in Honda’s legitimate interest to keep.
b) Your rights and choices regarding direct marketing
The consent to the processing of data for marketing purposes is free, the user is always required to express or not consent to the use of their contact details for direct marketing purposes at the same time as the request. In any case, if you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications or that your personal data are used for profiling purposes and / or transmitted to third parties for the same purposes, it is possible not to provide your consent and / or revoke it at any time. in the following ways:
- By responding to a direct marketing email via the “unsubscribe” function;
- By contacting us at the email address email@example.com;
- By writing to Honda Italia Industriale S.p.A. – Via Genova 9/11 – 66041 Atessa.
However, these rights may be limited, as specified above in the event that the request involves access to personal data of third parties, as well as where it is requested to delete information whose processing is required by law and / or it is in Honda’s legitimate interest .
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
The user has the right to lodge a complaint with the Guarantor for the protection of personal data (Privacy Guarantor).
The competent authority for the protection of personal data is that of the place where the processing is carried out (where the data subject lives, or where he works) or where the violation related to data processing has occurred.
The User’s personal data will be kept for the period of time necessary for the pursuit of the specific purposes for which they were collected, as indicated in this statement, and in any case:
– for the Contractual Purposes and Legitimate Interest, the personal data will be kept for a period equal to the use of the services referred to on the Site and for the 10 years following the end, except in cases where storage for a subsequent period is required for any disputes, requests from the competent authorities or pursuant to applicable legislation;
– for Marketing Purposes, personal data will be kept for the duration of the User’s registration on the Site, and subsequently for a period of 24 months following deactivation or cancellation. Once the above terms have expired, the User’s data may be deleted, anonymized and / or aggregated.
In any case, we will proceed to inform about specific data collection activities or about significant changes to this document, in compliance with current legislation.
Responsible for treatment
The Data Protection Manager for Honda Italia Industriale S.p.A. he can be contacted at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
* * *
Fake emails using Honda’s name
Honda is aware of fake e-mails, popularly called “phishing” e-mails which may contain alerts such as job postings and competition notifications. These emails use Honda’s name to make believe they are genuine but exist solely for the purpose of obtaining private consumer information (such as credit card numbers or passwords). These emails have no connection with Honda and Honda does not use these methods for job advertising or to communicate with contest winners.
Unfortunately, these fake emails are a growing fraud on the Internet. This practice is performed either by sending a bogus email directly to a victim or by directing them to a website where personal information is requested.
Honda never requests payment details in conjunction with job applications, competition notifications or communications relating thereto. If you are unsure whether a job offer is valid, please contact us at email@example.com
Honda informs you that if you receive an email with the name of Honda requesting personal information or financial information and you have doubts about its authenticity, please treat such emails with extreme caution.